Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Andy Gangadeen

  1. #1
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Andy Gangadeen played on some tracks on David French's new cd. I've been playing some live gigs with David and I really like the unigue way Andy plays the 2 tracks he recorded. Does anyone know this guy? I'd like to get some more info on the recordings he has made. He's from the UK.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Andy is simply awesome! I don't know the guy personally but we went to the same drum teacher called Bobby Armstrong here in London.
    He's an incredible groove player and totally embraces technology, transferring all the new Jungle, Garage and RnB rhythms to the drum kit. His time and feel are great. I've seen him do a live drum and bass set with loads of electronics and it blew my head off - killing! His knowledge or DnB and break beats is so hip. Definitely one of the guys that are taking modern technology, combining it with fantastic, progressive drumming and advancing music.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    He first came to light playing with CnC Music factory, then got the Spice Girls gig and then when Steve Alexander got ill during a Jeff Beck tour Andy was called to play. I have met him once during his CnC days, we were rehearsing in the same space in LA, CnC was next door to us. Not a big fan of his playing but he's had some nice gigs.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member royerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    492
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw him once or twice when I lived in London and liked his playing, although it looked like he'd been spending time with some Columbian marching powder... [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm tellin you he is super hip. He's got a slant on things. Just because he played some commercial gigs doesn't mean he's not creative. I think he has a very unique style.
    It was really inspiring to hear and play his tracks. He's got the dance aspect down even on the rock tunes. Instead of playing a groove like the Chili Peppers, he plays this hip Stevie Wonder type groove with an element of techno. Bango ! Now I know why he's getting the good gigs. [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member wolfgang.at's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There?s a video on Mike Dolbears page:

    http://www.mikedolbear.co.uk/movies.asp

  7. #7
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Drumhead. Thanks so much for the link.
    I found it before but I don't think Andy's vid. was up. The video is just a glimpse into the wicked mind of Andy.
    I found the www.bays.com link to his band. I really like his playing with this band. Cheers to all you blokes that get to hear Andy.
    And cheers to all you tokes that get to hear Vinnie regularly !
    Wish I could be in three places at once. Mayber my next life. Who knows?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake, whats with that bays link?!?! [img]confused.gif[/img] You trying to sell us MUFFINS or sommat?!?!
    [img]eek.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 19, 2003 07:31 AM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I saw Andy with Jeff Beck and it just did nothing for me, After seeing Steve and of course Bozzio with Beck it's hard to follow that. Maybe he is a good player and I just have not seen it yet.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmmm Muffins. Sorry bout that.

    www.andygangadeen.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •